Tuesday 24 April 2012

Day 4: Time To Man-up

this morning was a struggle... against my better judgement i decided to party a little bit last night.  i didn't get home at an overly unreasonable hour (midnight), but i couldn't get to sleep to save my life.  after tossing and turning for about 5 hours, i finally managed to fall asleep for what felt like 10 minutes.  by the time i realized my alarm was going off, i had about 30 minutes to get ready and catch my train in to work. ugh.

it was an extremely busy day today as there was meeting after meeting scheduled and of course any crisis that could've come up did.  it was probably for the best though because it forced me to really power through the day without thinking about how tired i was.  i wasn't even worrying about nate which was an added bonus.



about half way through the day i was going to the kitchen, and nate happened to be going at the exact same time.  instead of cowering like a little bitch, i decided to man-up and just talk to him.  it was actually nice to finally break the ice with him... we didn't talk about much, just what we had done on the weekend and how our respective days were going.  so glad that's over with now, because life in the office can now resume it's "regularly scheduled programming".

with all good things, there must be a little bad to balance things out... some of my phone features were temporarily suspended as i kinda forgot to pay my bill... thank god it's pay day on thursday so i won't be phone-less for long.  on another slightly positive note, my service provider was kind enough to still allow me incoming calls so i'm not completely cut off from the world. oh, and there's always facebook.

one last thing, a musician from my favourite band posted this on twitter yesterday and felt it had to be shared.  true words.

No comments:

Post a Comment