Sunday 22 April 2012

Day 2: Friends And Fashion

i've been wallowing in my sorrows all weekend over the events from a couple of days ago, but today one of my best friends (let's call her prue) called me and dragged me out of my house to help her with some work.  now prue is a stylist, a very well respected one at that, who works with some of the hottest celebrities, so of course i jumped at a chance to experience a day in her life.

she was dressing one person in particular all week, and when i saw the amount of clothing and accessories that were pulled for the celeb it blew my mind.  i've never seen so many beautiful (and expensive) clothes.  luckily for me prue let me try some stuff on for fun.... at one point i was wearing £30,000 worth of clothing which consisted of a dress and a jacket.  unreal.

after we finished work we just hung out (still are right now actually) and it was really nice.  it was nice to have a reminder that i have some truly amazing friends.



i was a bit anxious about going to work tomorrow given everything that happened, but i'm completely at ease about it.  honestly, it's kind of self-centered to think that nate or anyone else in the office will be thinking about what had happened.  after all, the world doesn't revolve around me.  in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that big of deal.  people get hurt in the romance department everyday, it's just a part of life.  you just have to pick yourself up and realize that you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want you or won't treat you the way you deserve.

there are plenty of other fish in the sea.... this fish just wasn't the right one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment